Monday, October 02, 2006

Doodads & Thingies


As I was looking through the Etsy Treasury this morning, I found the item pictured above and I just could not wait to share. Have you figured out where the "M" came from? I'll give you a hint. The Treasury topic was "Recycled".

Allison Strine is an award winning mixed media artist by day and a wife and mom by night. Her Etsy shop, Allison Strine Designs
is an explosion of colors, words and "Ladybirds". The 1.25" collage pendants are original works of art on the front with fabulous little expressions of "exuberance" on the back.

My favorite item, however, is the pendant I mentioned at the beginning of this piece. The "M" pendant , and the rest of the alphabet for that matter, are made from recycled vintage license plates, fabric, glass, lead free solder and sterling silver jumprings.

Each pendant is unique and comes gift boxed. Prices range from $10 to $20. 30" ball chains are available for $1 extra. Allison Strine Designs will create a custom order for you if your letter or number is not available when you visit the shop. Just contact her and you'll have your own little trinket made just for you.

No comments: